We are recruiting
We are always looking for fresh pilots to help us succeed in wormhole space.
What we offer
- A home in a C5-C5 as part of the new alliance Friendly Probes
- Siggy, Hipchat, and Fleet-up access to get you shipped up and flying ASAP
- Scout a dank kill, call in the corp, and YOU get the loot
- Opportunities for any Dropbear to FC in not-shit, SRPable doctrines
- Massive brawls in T3 fleets / capital fights / null-sec hazing / PVP anywhere we want to be
What we need from you
The focus of Dropbears Anonymous recruiters is based primarily on the attitude and capabilities of the individual pilot, but we'd like to have a certain base-line of versatility in what our new applicants can do on their first day in BAERS. Our skill plan is relatively minimal (no Cruiser V required, most notably). From a fresh character with +3 implants and a good remap, it's about 80 days of training.
Here's a link to our skill plans - You only need Stage 0 to apply!
Below is a brief overview of what the new Stage 0 skill-plan entails, in general, and why each particular set of skills is important to being a contributing member to a wormhole corporation. Each of the skill sets presented also includes general support skills that will apply to almost all ships and pilots:
- Sit in all T1/faction/industrial ships.
- Rolling wormholes, moving looted ships, helping fuel ops, etc.
- Covert cloak (and MWD+Cloak Trick).
- Chain/wormhole scouting, general scanning, logoffski ops
- Relative safety moving through space and while scanning
- Effectively scan, especially for scouting purposes.
- At least partially T2 armor tank, and fit a Damage Control II.
- Being able to *not* die in a ball of flames immediately on a fleet op
- Use jump clones effectively.
- Getting around the map, seeding clones in particular regions of interest
- Reasonably use combat boosters.
- Having a competitive edge, especially in null/W-space engagements.
- Fly T1 cruiser logistics decently.
- Fly an Augoror Navy Issue effectively
- The Navy Augoror is our go-to fleet ship for newer members
So that's the long and short of it: recruitment is open, and those that meet the Stage 0 requirements are encouraged to visit our public channel in-game "dropbears anonymous" and speak with a recruiter about what life in BAERS is like, what we look for in prospective BAERS, and ask any other questions you might have about the bastion of American Freedom and Democracy that Dropbears Anonymous embodies.
If you do not have the skill requirements yet, we suggest that you join up with Spectre Fleet to get some experience of flying ships in PVP fleets, if you don't have any yet.
Prove your worthiness - fly eternal, shiny and chrome, in the wilds of Anoikis!